The Proactiv Original Acne Solution is the top choice for treating skin conditions affected by pimples.
Our fight against acne is a challenge especially if you are experiencing a stubborn acne. Good news is that severe acne can be relieved and prevented with the right over-the-counter skin care products.
Proactiv company has a combination therapy system that is a preventive strategy. It gives you a complete skin care regimen combined with acne-fighting medicine. This treatment hits acne at each stage of the cycle that helps stop existing breakouts and new ones from developing. Dermatologists recommend Proactiv Acne solution simply because it really works.
Proactiv is the first company that revolutionized healthy skin care system with this kind of approach. It finds this preventive method brings excellent results to their customers. Each of their skin care product lines uses this combination therapy that helps you address your skin care needs.
Why Proactiv Original Acne Solution?
This Proactiv Original Acne Solution was formulated by licensed dermatologists – Katie Rodan and Kathy Fields – in the late 1980’s. It’s infomercial was first published in 1995. Since then, the original acne solution went through many different formulas but only this present formula became a great solution for individuals whose acne is mostly composed of pimples. This is attributed to its main active ingredient which is benzoyl peroxide.
Benzoyl peroxide is a potent acne-fighting ingredient that kills acne-causing bacteria. Since acne is caused by several factors accumulated like inflammation, excess oil production, and a specific bacteria known as p. Acnes. These bacteria can cause white or yellow infection under the head of pimples and one of the great ways to prevent and treat these pimples is to kill the acne-causing bacteria. Benzoyl peroxide works by drawing more oxygen below the surface of the skin. These p.acnes bacteria are known to be anaerobic which means that they cannot live in oxygen for long. This also means that they cannot thrive for long after benzoyl peroxide is applied.
The Proactiv Original Solution has three steps: Renewing Cleanser. Revitalizing Toner, and Repairing Treatment. The Renewing Cleanser and Repairing Treatment both contain 2.5% benzoyl peroxide which is safe concentration for most skin types. Revitalizing Toner can be very strong for dry or sensitive skin types because it has glycolic acid and witch hazel which can dry out your skin.
Step One: Cleanse ( Everyday, morning and night )
Renewing Cleanser prepares your skin for your acne-clearing treatment by removing excess oil, dirt, and other skin impurities.
- Massage a generous amount on to damp skin for about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Wash off completely with warm water.
- Pat dry and follow with Step Two
Step Two: Tone (Every day, morning and night)
Revitalizing Toner removes any remaining impurities, helping your skin attain a perfect pH.
- Apply with a cotton ball or pad in an upward movement.
- Allow the toner to dry. Do not wash off. Follow with Step Three.
Step Three: Treat (Everyday, morning and night)
Repairing Treatment contains micro-crystal benzoyl peroxide that kills acne-causing bacteria deep in your skin pores.
- Apply a thin layer over the whole face.
- Allow it to dry. Do not wash off.
What happens during the first six weeks?
- Your skin is re-adjusting to the Proactiv treatment
- May observe some dryness, slight flaking and irritation, which is generally normal.
- Like any skin care products, always remember to apply your sunscreen of at least SPF 30 daily to protect your skin always.
- Your skin pores are starting to unclog.
- You may still experience some dryness as your skin continues to adapt to your new treatment regime.
- Your skin may begin to feel softer and smoother as its texture becomes more refined.
Tip: If you are still experiencing dryness, combine a light moisturizer into your regime.
- Proactiv is starting to feel the second nature. Continue with it.
- Blemishes are beginning to heal.
- As the skin continues to balance out, you may experience a more even tone.
Tip: If you feel you need a moisture boost, try applying an SPF moisturizer during daytime and light moisturizer at night.
- Skin should be feeling healthier and softer.
- Breakouts should be disappearing.
- Some flare ups should be healing faster.
- Post-acne marks should be disappearing by this time.
- You may observe that new blemishes are lesser.
- Skin tone should be looking brighter and even toned.
- Stick to your routine. Bear in mind that acne can be cyclical and has to be continually managed.
- At this time, you are on your way to a clearer and healthier-looking skin.
- Your skin is entering maintenance mode so continue using this treatment system daily to help prevent new breakouts from developing.
Should you try Proactiv Acne Solution?
Here are the pros and cons:
- Works well for teenage acne treatment.
- Renewing Cleanser is a good choice for skin cleansers. It has micro-exfoliating beads that helps remove dead skin cells and prepare your skin for benzoyl peroxide to work.
- Revitalizing Toner is free of alcohol which is an important feature for a toner to work with acne-prone skin, helping restore its pH balance.
- The kit is a bit expensive. It comes with similar to travel size kit, and therefore, these small bottles will not last longer. If budget is a concern, this kit may really be pricey.
- The system may be too strong for most. Some users complained about irritation and feeling being burnt sensation.
- May cause excessive dryness, particularly if your skin is sensitive or dry.
Should you try it?
If you have mild to moderate acne, Proactiv Acne Solution is a good choice. But if your acne symptoms are severe, you may try to consult your dermatologist for the right treatment.
Take note that Proactiv is effective if acne is caused by clogged pores and acne-causing bacteria but if it is caused by something else, then Proactiv Acne Solution may not work. Avoid using this treatment system if you are pregnant or nursing.
Always give your acne treatment time to work out. It may take a couple of months or more to experience the desired results.