Our skin is a mirror, reflecting our state of wellness. The healthier we are, the more our skin glows with beauty. As a result, whether we are male or female, we should practice proper care, hydration, and good eating habits with a nutrient-rich diet. Otherwise, oxidative damage, poor nutrition, and hormonal imbalance can lead to acne and other kinds of pimples. In this in-depth article, we will discuss how to identify the best acne body wash for you.
First of all, acne forms when the pores on your face, neck, chest, and back become blocked. This traps the oil inside your skin. Then, the bacteria begin to develop in the oil, causing inflammation. This leads to zits and nasty, even painful, cystic acne.
Acne breakouts or bacne may be a result of skin irritations. Consequently, the irritation may be due to anything that rubs, scratches or has made prolonged contact with your skin. Pore-clogging cosmetics, prolonged dryness, sunburn, and shaving your face with annoying razors can all contribute to acne breakouts.
As a result, most people who suffer from body acne, especially on the shoulders or back, are usually prescribed treatments like the laser method, antibiotics or other types of strong topical medication.
But before you resort to extreme procedures, we recommend considering some options that are budget-friendly, yet also effective. Listed below are some less expensive acne solutions. Choose the product that suits your skin type.
1. Humane Acne Treatment Body & Face Wash
Considered one of the most effective treatments on the market these days, Benzoyl Peroxide 10% Acne Treatment Body & Face Wash from Humane is our top preference for an acne body wash. This is because it both treats acne and deters future breakouts. It contains the maximum strength 10% benzoyl peroxide as an active component to eliminate sweat, excess oil, dead cells, and other impurities that clog up your pores. Additionally, this body wash is useful for protecting against severe acne scars while attaining firm and young-looking skin. It’s also a non-foaming lotion that absorbs quickly.
- Maximum strength 10% benzoyl peroxide acne wash is NOT FOR SENSITIVE SKIN.
- Acne treatment kills bacteria & helps prevent breakouts. The non-foaming lotion absorbs quickly.
- Contains clean ingredients & cruelty-free. No parabens, SLS, fragrance, or animal products.
- For face, body & back. Made in the USA in an FDA/cGMP compliant facility.
- Penetrates deeply to cleanse dirt, excess sebum, and layers of dead skin cells that other cleansing products cannot.
- Unclogs pores and hair follicles in body parts where acne occurs.
- Lowers occurrence of blemishes and generates clear skin.
- Attain smoother and healthier-looking skin.
- Promotes new cell growth.
- An impressive potent anti-acne body wash. Humane beats other famous competitors.
- No risk to try because they offer a 100% money-back guarantee.
- Since the benzoyl peroxide is at full strength, this product is not suitable for those who have sensitive skin.
2. Exposed Skin Care Basic 4-Step Acne Treatment Kit (60-Day)
The Exposed Skin Care Basic 4-Step Acne Treatment kit is formulated to help heal and prevent teens and adult breakouts with salicylic acid, benzoyl peroxide, and natural extracts. The kit comes with facial cleanser, clearing tonic, acne treatment serum, and clear pore serum. Facial cleanser contains salicylic acid, pro-vitamin B5, and sage extract that help clear your skin without drying it. Pro-vitamin B5 helps control oil production while sage extract helps detoxifies your skin.
Clearing Tonic contains green tea extract, passion flower, and azelaic acid that help rebalance your skin after cleansing. These ingredients work together to help control blackhears and whiteheads while restoring the natural healthy balance of your skin.
Spot serum is formulated with benzoyl peroxide, green tea extract, and tea tree oil that help prevent acne blemishes and whiteheads, naturally relieve and heal skin for the entire day.
The Clear Pore Serum contains salicylic acid, green tea extract, and licorice root extract that help clarify and balance your skin through the night. These ingredients absorb into the pores to regulate acne pimples and blackheads.
- With Tea Tree Oil, a vital component in treating body and bacne, this wash penetrates your skin to remove sebaceous glands, dry out pimples, and cleanse your pores.
- The acne treatment serum contains a clinical-grade Benzoyl Peroxide gel that helps fight acne bacteria, resulting in minimized blemishes.
- The treatment serum and acne body wash contain ingredients that help regulate sebum production and oil, while also relieving inflammation.
- Not recommended for those with dry skin as it may cause more dryness due to the oil-regulating ingredients in the product.
3. The Body Shop Tea Tree Body Wash
A refreshing soap-free solution, this body wash is purely vegan, without alcohol, paraben, or gluten. It produces a thin lather that gently cleanses your skin without being abrasive to give you clear and blemish-free skin. An active ingredient called Sodium Laureth Sulfate acts as a surfactant and a skin-conditioning agent, creating an excellent lather that leaves your skin soft.
- Tea Tree Oil, an essential ingredient of this acne body wash, contains antibacterial and antiseptic elements. The oil is an alternative to harsh ingredients.
- Contains Citric Acid and Sodium Hydroxide to help balance the pH of your skin.
- It also has Glycerin and other antioxidants that help treat skin that is prone to acne.
- Noticeably decreases the appearance of breakouts, giving you clearer and blemish-free skin.
- Although Tea Tree Oil is beneficial for skin, it may also cause dryness. We recommend lessening the frequency of use if this is experienced.
- Sodium Laureth Sulfate can cause skin irritation for those with sensitive skin.
- Intended for the body, you should never use this product on your face. Try Tea Tree Clearing Facial Wash for your face.
- If you are allergic to strong fragrance, avoid using this acne body wash.
- For best results, use The Body Shop Tea Tree Body Wash regularly.
4. Murad Acne Body Wash
The Murad Acne Body Wash has a rich, lathering formula that helps heal and prevent body breakouts on shoulders, chest, and back without over drying your skin. It contains salicylic acid that helps absorb into the pores to clear breakouts and prevent new ones from developing. It has biodegradable beads that help exfoliate for clearer and smoother skin.
- Murad Acne Body Wash contains salicylic acid that helps unblock the pores, removing the risks of sebum and oil build-up that lead to acne.
- Added glycolic acid removes dead skin cells, makes skin clear, and also reduces acne scars.
- The glycerin in the product is a non-comedogenic moisturizer with antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. This means it clears acne and treats your skin without drying it out.
- Amino acids in the product promote collagen production, creating new, fresh skin.
- This is a vegan and harsh-free product that shows fast results within two weeks.
- Murad Acne Body Wash is designed as a light formula and may not work on your skin if you have a combination skin type.
- Avoid using this product if you are allergic to sulfates.
- The body wash has Parfum which may be harsh on your sensitive skin.
- An expensive body wash for acne.
6. Dove Body Wash
Dove Deep Moisture Body Wash is a dermatologist-recommended, as a mild body wash that nourishes the body. With a unique blend of moisturizers to maintain the essential nutrients of your skin, this wash leaves skin softer after every wash. We recommended this for those with dry and sensitive skin types.
Cocamidopropyl Betaine is an active ingredient of the product, which acts as a skin conditioning agent. This is found in many skin-care and personal sanitary products.
- Contains an active ingredient that gently cleanses your skin and a solution that helps rinse off excess oil and dirt. Its pH produces a mild germicidal effect as an excellent cleansing agent.
- The body wash has glycerin, which aids in treating your acne-prone skin, relieves redness or irritation, and soothes skin.
- It has lauric acid, which is known for its antibacterial properties that effectively fight against acne. This ingredient also helps in keeping your skin moisturized since it gives you the essential fatty acids needed by your skin.
- Additional stearic acid can help protect the surface of your skin against dryness.
- This body wash from Dove can also be applied to your face if diluted with water.
- The product is alcohol- and paraben-free.
- Lauric Acid is derived from coconut oil, which may cause adverse reactions if you are allergic to coconut oil.
- The active ingredient in this product may cause allergic reactions like itching and burning to some individuals.
- It contains fragrance which may not be suitable for those with sensitive skin.
- This body wash may leave some residue on your skin because of the presence of added moisturizing components.
7. PanOxyl 10% Acne Foaming Wash
PanOxyl’s acne foaming wash product has 10% benzoyl peroxide and is suitable for those who need the highest concentration of benzoyl peroxide without a prescription. Benzoyl peroxide helps unclog pores and prevents bacteria build-up that results in acne, cystic lesions, and pimples.
This acne body wash protects your skin from new blemishes, while also clearing current acne blemishes. Customer reviews reveal that many dermatologists recommend this product to treat severe acne. However, avoid applying PanOxyl foaming wash with other acne or bacne products like lotions that contain active, irritating ingredients.
- This product contains a concentrated proportion of benzoyl peroxide to help decrease the bacteria that causes acne and dry skin.
- Adding glycolic acid helps in treating blackheads and removing dead skin cells, creating smoother skin.
- With a skin conditioning component called titanium dioxide, this wash maintains your skin’s water balance.
- Hydrogenated castor oil helps perforate deeply into your skin and fights the growth of bacteria that block pores. This ingredient also aids in making your skin soft and hydrates irritated skin.
- The lactic acid in this product helps fight acne and hides your wrinkles and fine lines.
- Added mineral oils help replenish dry skin and remove dead skin cells.
- This acne product is fragrance-free.
- With alcohol and paraben, this product is not for those with sensitive skin or prone to allergies.
- The considerable amount of oil in the product makes rinsing difficult.
8. Oxy Hydrating Body Wash
The Oxy Hydrating Body Wash has 2% salicylic acid that aids in treating and preventing body and bacne breakouts. With additional moisturizers like nourishing seaweed extract, it provides optimal hydration and skin-soothing effects.
Seaweed is known to have anti-inflammatory properties that help reduce the swelling of acne and act as a natural exfoliant, eliminating dead skin cells that clog the pores.
This body wash relieves irritation, and repairs damaged skin. Many customer reviews reveal that it is gentle on the skin and is also a non-drying acne body wash.
- Concentrated salicylic acids aids in unclogging your pores by cleansing the oil and sebum from your skin.
- With anhydrous citric acid, this wash helps by peeling and exfoliating the skin to eliminate any excess oil or dirt. It also acts as a skin lightening solution, making skin appear lighter and fairer.
- Containing glycerin, the body wash has antibacterial properties to keep your body free from acne-causing germs.
- This product has a dimethicone ingredient, which acts as a moisturizing agent and makes your skin smooth.
- The added seaweed extract promotes hydration and skin-soothing effects.
- You can use Oxy Daily Defense body wash on your face.
- It is an alcohol- and paraben-free acne product.
- The product has added fragrance that may be harsh to those with sensitive skin.
- This body wash may not be right for those with oily skin.
- You can use this product on your face, but avoid contact with your eyes!
9. Phisoderm Anti-Blemish Body Wash
The Phisoderm Anti-Blemish Body Wash is a medicated body wash that helps treat and prevent acne blemishes on your face and body. It rinses easily and leaves no residue or tightness. This product has skin balancing technology that gently cleanses and relieves your skin without impeding the natural protective balance of your skin.
It has 2% salicylic acid, Vitamin E, aloe, and chamomile with a fresh fragrance for cleaner and more vibrant skin.
- This acne body wash has concentrated salicylic acid as an active ingredient, which treats acne while it cleanses your pores.
- Another added ingredient is glycerin that helps moisturize, treats skin irritations and stimulates collagen. This gives you a younger-looking complexion.
- Aloe vera extract serves as an antibacterial element that cleanses acne-causing bacteria while shielding your skin from further bacteria build up.
- It also contains a citric extract to help unclog your skin and promote faster cell turnover. This has skin-lightening effects, making your skin fairer.
- The body wash has chamomile extract, which relieves skin itchiness and irritation due to acne and pimples.
- There are no soaps, dyes, or alcohol, making this wash suited for combination to oily skin types.
- This body wash has methylparaben, which may irritate your skin, depending on the type of your skin.
- The fragrance may be harsh for those with sensitive skin.
- It does not work on very oily skin types and may cause dryness resulting in breakouts.
10. Alba Botanica Acnedote Face & Body Scrub
Alba Botanica Acnedote Face & Body Scrub is a pure vegetarian, and dermatologist-tested acne-fighting body wash. It contains witch hazel extract with natural astringent properties. Witch hazel helps tighten your skin, reduces swelling and the appearance of varicose veins, as well as soothes other skin irritations. This ingredient is also suitable for those with a dry skin condition.
With salicylic acid extracted from willow bark, and unlike other exfoliates, the “beads” in this body wash come from ground walnut shells, which are gentle on the skin.
- Alba Botanica Acnedote is a fast-acting acne body wash that reduces the growth of acne and should be used regularly to get the best results.
- Gentle on the skin, suitable for everyday use
- The body wash is all-natural and vegetarian
- This acne product has a pleasant fragrance
- Consistent and regular use is recommended to help control your acne.
On a final note,
Selecting the right acne body wash and bacne products that best suit your type of skin is just half of the battle. For severe acne conditions, you can get a medicated body wash. However, if you have sensitive skin, opt for a body wash that lathers and produces plenty of bubbles. Those bubbles help lift up the oil, sweat residue and dead cells from your skin. Exfoliating scrubs are best for those with oily skin types. If you have dry skin, go for companion products that hydrate and replace lost moisture.
We recommend you visit a licensed dermatologist for consultation before buying and using any acne products.
Make sure to check out our Acne Diet and Lifestyle article. It has excellent information on what acne is, how to prevent it and how to control it with a better diet and lifestyle.
Now It’s Your Turn
I hoped you enjoyed my Top 10 Budget-Friendly Acne Body Washes post.
Now I want to hear from you:
Which of the body washes in this post are you most excited to try?
Are you going to use any of them? Or do you have a suggestion for something that has worked for you?
Let me know by leaving a quick comment.