Many factors lead to acne breakouts, including lack of sleep, stress, dirt and oily skin. Whether we want to get rid of acne or to maintain clear and smooth skin, our concern is to find the right skin products, like the best acne bar soaps.
And so, for this page, we will be discussing a lot about soaps for acne and their elements to help us have clearer and smoother skin. While we are confident that there are thousands of skin care products and treatments out in the market today, prevention is always an excellent way to maintain radiant and healthy skin.
First of all, one way to prevent acne is to wash our faces properly. Well, we slather on our favorite soap, rinse it with water, pat dry, and we’re good. But for individuals with acne problems, skin care takes more effort and more time.
Consequently, if you are suffering from acne, you can choose the right skin care products. These include acne bar soap, which helps remove the bacteria that cause acne and other skin irritations. Bacteria can clog your pores, leading to breakouts.
For acne breakouts, find a cleanser that has the right ingredients and concentration to get rid of dirt to keep your skin clean and clear. Stay away from harsh face soaps that can rob your skin of its natural oils. Those harsh cleansers and scrubbing can make your skin irritated and red, leading to flare-ups of your current acne.
A safer way is to go and visit your trusted dermatologist for a consultation and the right prescription or over-the-counter products that work on your acne-prone skin.
Some Simple Tips for Choosing the Best Soaps
Take note that there are several acne bar soaps with high alkaline pH that can irritate and dry your skin.
- Look for a gentle, non-abrasive acne bar soap or cleanser without alcohol.
- Consult your trusted dermatologist to help you choose the right acne bar soap that fit your needs, as well as your skin type.
- There are several face soaps and cleansers with added ingredients to combat acne and improve the texture of your skin.
- Medicated acne bar soap and cleansers are made from acne-fighting ingredients including salicylic acid, benzoyl peroxide, or sodium sulfacetamide. They help clear up your skin while cleaning it. Salicylic acid helps unclog pores and minimize the swelling and redness. Benzoyl peroxide helps to exfoliate your skin and eliminate bacteria, while sodium sulfacetamide inhibits the growth of bacteria.
- If you are looking for acne bar soap or cleansers that help hydrate your skin, choose those with emollients (lanolin, mineral oil, petrolatum, and ceramides), or humectants like glycerin, which helps keep your skin moisturized. Exfoliants or alpha hydroxy acids can help make rough skin spots smoother.
Still, there are other skin care products that you can include in your regime:
- Add a toner to restore the natural pH balance to your skin after every cleansing.
- By exfoliating regularly, you can eliminate dead skin cells. This keeps your pores open and allows natural skin oils to drain instead of clogging follicles and resulting in breakouts.
- Also, after cleansing, apply a non-comedogenic moisturizer to avoid clogging pores. The right moisturizers help prevent your skin from dehydrating, especially if you are using some acne products that tend to dry your skin. If you have an oily type of skin, a soap or a cleanser with moisturizer may be all you need.
Best Basic Skincare Practices:
The twice-a-day skincare regime. Wash your face each morning when you wake, and before you go to bed. If you are into workouts and you are feeling sweaty, wash, or at least rinse your face immediately after. Perspiration can worsen your acne.
- Wash regularly. After washing your face, apply a small amount of cleanser to your fingertips and rub it gently on your face. Then, rinse with lukewarm water. Avoid scrubbing your face because it can dehydrate and damage your skin. Also, do not use a sponge or washcloth because they are rough and can irritate your skin.
- Be diligent and consistent. Remember that your skin routine is not just for your face, but for the other parts of your body that have acne.
- Protect your skin. Always wear a non-comedogenic or non-pore clogging sunscreen with SPF 30 or higher that provides UVA and UVB to shield your sensitive skin against the harsh rays of the sun. For acne-prone skin, try water- or light liquid-based sunscreen. Limit spending time outside in the sun, especially from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. And if you need to be out, wear a hat with at least a two-inch brim and clothing that covers any exposed skin.
How to Properly Use Acne Bar Soap
- Be aware of the root causes of acne.
Acne Bar Soaps and other skin care products are just a temporary fix, and they treat only the surface. The following tips help treat acne deep inside.
- Drink plenty of water, like 12 to 14 glasses every day, to remove toxins from your body, regulate calories, enhance muscles, and promote healthy skin.
- Eat plenty of fruits and vegetables for natural essential nutrients necessary for health and well-being.
- Exercise regularly. It helps relieve stress, controls weight and promotes better sleep. Avoid allowing excessive sweat to accumulate on your skin because it can clog your pores.
- Know your skin type.
You can choose the best soap to fight and remove your acne by knowing your skin type. How?
- Wash your face thoroughly (maybe with your favorite cleanser).
- Leave it for about one hour and avoid touching your face during this period.
- Then, dab your face with a tissue while concentrating on the T-area of your face. The tissue will tell you the type of your skin.
If the tissue is not oily or flaky, then you most likely have healthy skin. However, if it feels greasy, you have oily skin. If the tissue feels taut or looks flaky, then most likely you have dry skin. Finally, if the tissue shows all three signs, then you have the most common skin type: combination skin.
- Choosing the Right Acne Soap
Always remember to test a small dab on the skin inside your forearm if you are using a skin care product for the first time and leave it for about twelve hours. If there is no reaction to it, then most likely your face will also be safe from severe, immediate, and allergic reactions.
1. Christina Moss Naturals Organic Body Soap
This organic soap from Christina Moss Naturals has no harsh chemicals that can overwhelm your sensitive skin. Suitable for all types of skin, including sensitive skin, this soap effectively fights acne. It contains coconut oil, olive oil, safflower oil, and vegetable glycerin.
- This organic body soap does not leave your skin dry, giving you smooth and clear skin.
- The product was not tested on animals.
- Christina Moss products contain natural organic ingredients and therefore, if you have some allergies to any of the natural ingredients labeled, avoid using it.
- It is expensive, and the size of the bar is not that big.
- This soap does not prevent future breakouts.
2. Aveeno Moisturizing Bar
The Aveeno Moisturizing Bar is formulated to cleanse the trapped pore-clogging dirt under your skin, which later develops into acne. This soap even neutralizes blemishes, giving you clearer and smoother skin. It has vitamin C and vitamin E for healthier skin. The soap is not a “quick fix” for your acne, but in time, you will notice good results.
- Fit for normal to oily skin.
- Prevents breakouts thanks to deep cleansing compounds.
- It is recommended by most dermatologists.
- Can cause dryness for some.
- May not work for severe acne breakouts.
3. Cetaphil Antibacterial Soap
This antibacterial soap is a cleansing bar that helps prevent breakouts and reverse unwanted symptoms. Formulated to be strong on acne but gentle on your skin, this is an excellent choice of treatment soap for those with sensitive skin. It contains triclosan, an antibiotic that helps combat bacteria that can cause acne. However, this may not work well with sensitive skin, so it is good to know the type of your skin before getting this soap. But, if you do not have any problem with sodium cocoate and sodium tallowate, this may be an excellent choice for acne-free skin.
- Non-soap formulation with antibacterial ingredients.
- It is recommended for sensitive and dry skin.
- Gentle on your skin.
- Ingredients may cause adverse reactions for some.
- Sodium cocoate may cause skin irritations.
4. Neutrogena Acne-Prone Skin Transparent Bars (4 Bars)
Neutrogena transparent facial bars are specially formulated to remove dirt and excess oil. This leaves acne-prone skin clearer, healthier, more resilient to impurities, and happier. The facial bar is rich in glycerin and without dyes or hardeners. It is recommended for daily cleansing for acne-prone skin without leaving clogged pores and does not over-dry your skin. It is fit for oily skin and other skin types.
- Non-comedogenic, which means it will not clog your pores.
- Without hardeners or dyes.
- Glycerin formula, non-medicated.
- Nice fragrance.
- Cleanses effectively and can quickly remove makeup.
- Facial bar size is small compared to other soaps.
- May cause allergy – but only in very rare cases.
5. GRISI Sulfur Soap
This sulfur soap from GRISI blends antibiotic and antifungal ingredients that help prevent skin breakouts, keeping your skin healthy and youthful. It is recommended that this soap should be used twice daily – consistently. One of its active ingredients is lanolin, which helps make skin smooth. It also minimizes excess oil that leads to acne breakouts. If you are looking for fast results, this soap may not be what you are looking for because it takes an average of eight weeks before seeing any results.
- Helps treat acne.
- Clears up pimples and blemishes.
- Skin dryness and irritation may likely occur if you apply this product with another topical acne medication.
- Avoid using this soap with broken skin and on large areas of your skin.
6. TROPICAL NATURAL Dudu Osun Black Soap
Dudu Osun black soap from Tropical Natural is formulated with nature’s finest and most potent natural ingredients for acne-prone skin. It contains camwood, which has a pleasant fragrance. The blend of aloe vera, citrus, and shea butter extracts help stop the signs of inflammation, acne, eczema, and other similar skin irritations.
- Contains natural ingredients that help prevent harmful side effects.
- Effective against eczema removes dark spots and stretch marks.
- Gentle on your skin.
- Lathers up well. You only need wet hands, run them over the soap a bit, and rub them together.
- The soap can irritate for some.
- Can dry out skin, cause itchiness and irritation.
7. DEFENSE Soap
Defense soap is formulated as an organic soap from exotic and restorative plant extracts. It revitalizes dry skin and restores a healthy balance on your skin. With coconut oil, tea tree oil, eucalyptus oil, jojoba oil, lanolin, aloe vera, and other carefully selected, organic ingredients, it shields and nourishes your skin. Experience the therapeutic and healing power of organic essential oils from this soap. This Defense soap is not recommended for those with sensitive or dry skin, but if you apply moisturizer after using this soap, then you are good to go.
- Helps clear up skin rashes, acne, fungal infections, and other skin irritations.
- Maybe a bit expensive, but it lasts longer.
- The scent of tea tree oil and eucalyptus oil may irritate some.
- May not work well with eczema.
- Does not lather up easily, but has an excellent rinsing action, which is good for deep cleansing.
8. WONDERFULLY NATURAL Organic African Black Soap
Organic African Black Soap from Wonderfully Natural is formulated as an organic soap for rashes, dermatitis, psoriasis, and sensitive skin. It is a fragrance-free soap without any additives or parabens. The black soap contains organic unrefined shea butter, virgin coconut oil, and other moisturizing ingredients to help soothe sensitive or damaged skin. The soap is safe for dry and oily skin, regulating the production of sebum, while at the same time keeping the natural oils of your skin. This vegan-friendly black soap cleanses your skin and moisturizes it.
- Formulated with natural ingredients for different skin irritations, including acne.
- Cleanses and smooths your skin.
- Helps clear up acne, scars, and blemishes.
- Contains anti-aging properties.
- May dry your skin a bit.
- Comes in solid bars; you have to cut it into smaller sizes.
9. Vi-Tae 100% Natural and Organic Handmade ‘Get Lathered Up’ Soap Bars
This antibacterial soap comes in 12 different scents and four sizes. These soaps are handcrafted and contain natural and organic plant-based ingredients for the skin. With lime, lemongrass, and patchouli, it helps rejuvenate your skin and remove harmful bacteria. It also has sunflower oil and coconut oil, which helps replenish moisture, leaving your skin smooth and supple. The soap bar does not contain any harsh chemical or preservatives that can harm your skin.
- Free of harmful chemicals, preservatives, and artificial colors.
- Has natural organic ingredients that help soothe your skin.
- Coconut oil and sunflower oil help hydrate your skin while disinfecting it.
- Fresh and uplifting scent.
- Soap “stings” a bit on sensitive skin.
10. ASPEN KAY Naturals Dead Sea Mud & Charcoal Soap
This organic mud bar soap is made of essential oils and combined with dead sea mud to remove your skin impurities, moisturize your skin, and improve blood circulation. Dead sea mud is rich in salts and minerals and loaded with potassium, sodium, calcium, and magnesium.
- It is not tested on animals.
- Takes time to show results.
11. YELLOW BIRD Peppermint & Tea Tree Soap Bar
This handmade peppermint & tea tree soap bar from Yellow Bird is a blend of premium natural and organic ingredients. The manufacturer uses a traditional cold method of soap making to give us the best cleaning experience for your skin. It contains essential oils, including peppermint essential oil, tea tree oil, and cajuput essential oil. Peppermint essential oil provides a fresh smell and a nice cooling sensation to your skin. It has natural antifungal and antimicrobial properties. Tea Tree essential oil has powerful antifungal and antibacterial properties as a natural remedy for pimples, blackheads, whiteheads, and other skin blemishes. Another active ingredient is the cajuput essential oil that is also known to have antifungal and antibacterial properties, which is very useful in fighting skin infections and removing excess oils from your skin. This vegan soap is free from parabens, sulfate, GMO, soy, and is also cruelty-free.
- Many users claim that they experience clearer and more moisturized skin after using the soap.
- Helps those with dry skin and relieves itchiness; also a remedy for psoriasis, eczema, and rosacea.
- Handmade in the USA, certified organic, non-GMO elements, without parabens, and was not tested on animals.
- May stain your shower because of its natural color.
- Some users also reported that the soap runs out too fast.
- Other users claimed that this soap could be irritating for those with very sensitive skin.
12. HEALING TREE Bamboo Charcoal Soap
The Healing Tree bamboo charcoal soap promises to remove dirt, dead skin cells, and toxins, allowing your skin to breathe again. It contains four powerful natural ingredients: water, glycerin, vegetable oil, and bamboo charcoal. This soap removes those unwanted toxins from your skin without leaving a residue. This charcoal soap was not tested on animals, has no added colors, no fillers, is alcohol-free, contains no preservatives, and is a non-chemical product.
- Formulated to treat problematic skin and oily skin.
- Hypoallergenic, all natural, and fragrance-free.
- Most of the users claimed that they experience clearer skin after using the soap.
- Other users reported that the soap has a strong charcoal scent.
- Some users also claimed that this soap resulted in skin dryness.
Our final thoughts,
So, we hope that we have given you a good list of acne bar soaps that are on the market today. We agree that “there-is-no-one-size-fits-all,” which is also true in choosing the right soaps to clear your skin from acne and blemishes. We believe that a very significant factor is the ingredients in making the soaps and how they are processed. Focus on the ingredients, read customer reviews and feedback, and know what is on the label.
And during the “treatment period” we recommend not to expose yourself to too much sun. Wear wide brim hats or any protective covering. Take note also that some foods can trigger acne and other skin irritations. Lessen or stop drinking strong alcohol. Minimize your intake of foods rich with sugar and spices, carbonated soda drinks, and processed carbohydrates.
Eat more vegetables and fruits, get enough sleep, and exercise to reverse the acne symptoms, and to enhance the effectiveness of the acne bar soaps.
And finally, we strongly recommend consulting your dermatologist for the best acne bar soap and skin care products for you.
If you are buying online, choose online stores with a reputable history, to avoid fake skin care products.
Happy choosing! Enjoy life with clear and healthy skin!
Make sure to wash your face with one of The Best Facial Cleansers
Also, protect your skin with one of these Moisturizers For Acne Prone Skin
Now It’s Your Turn
I hoped you enjoyed my 12 Best Bar Soaps for Acne-Prone Skin post.
Now I want to hear from you:
Which of these bar soaps for acne in this post are you most excited to try?
Are you going to use any of them? Or do you have a suggestion for something that has worked for you?
Let me know by leaving a quick comment.